A recipe that I got from Simply Homemade - these cupcakes are so good, and they do make a good treat for birthdays!! They have a cream cheese icing, and are decorated with multi-colored sprinkles. They're delicious and a festive way to celebrate anyone's special day. They keep well in the freezer also, so you can make them ahead, to save yourself some time!!
- 1⁄2 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk (2%)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons Carnation Evaporated Milk (2%)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line mini muffin pans with paper liners.
- CUPCAKES: Combine evaporated milk and vinegar. The milk will thicken up. Reserve.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add half of the dry mixture to wet ingredients. Mix well. Add reserved milk and remaining dry ingredients. Place batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes. Cool.
- VANILLA ICING: Beat all the ingredients for 3-5 minutes until smooth and creamy. Ice cupcakes once cooled. Decorate with multi-colored sprinkles.
I made these with cookie dough frosting, and I changed the servings to 48. The recipe ended up making 80... It didn't matter though because these cupcakes were AWESOME!! They were moist and had a great taste and I can't wait to make them again. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
They were ok. They weren't as moist as I thought they could be. I think next time I'll reduce either baking time or temp.
These were very spongy and delicious. I will definitely use this recipe again!