Recipe by mydesigirl
These are good for anytime! I like them best made with fresh tomatoes from my garden but in a pinch,the "on the vine" tomatoes at the grocery work well too.
- 1 lb loaf pumpernickel bread
- 6 tablespoons fat-free thousand island salad dressing
- 6 medium lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces deli turkey
- 6 ounces sliced reduced-fat swiss cheese (6 slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- With serrated knife, slice bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread 3 tablespoons dressing over each half of bread.
- Arrange lettuce leaves over bottom half of bread.
- Top with tomato slices, onion, turkey deli meat and cheese slices.
- Place top half of bread over cheese slices.
- To serve, cut into 12 sections, securing each with a party toothpick.