Recipe by Cookin'withGas
Found in the December/January issue 2008 of Taste of Home's Light & Tasty magazine and tweaked a little further...Placed here for safekeeping!
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (Kraft Reduced Fat preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 6 tablespoons spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey breast (Shady Brook Farms preferred) or 1 lb ground chicken breast (Shady Brook Farms preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; Coat 6 jumbo muffin cups with PAM.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, onion, red pepper, oats, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce, 2 tablespoon of the Parmesan.
- Crumble raw ground turkey or chicken breast meat over the mixture and mix well; fill the 6 jumbo muffin tins with this mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and drain; Top EACH loaf with 1 tablespoon of the spaghetti sauce, 2 teaspoons of the mozzarella and 1/2 teaspoon of the Parmesan.
- Bake 5-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer, placed in the center of each "muffin" reads 165°F and cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from the pan; Serve the loaves with extra spaghetti sauce on the side.
- NOTE: excellent candidate for OAMC; freeze after step 3; when ready, thaw 24 hours in advance in refrigerator; then continue from step 4.