Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these tasty little mouthfuls from a recipe from this month's Super Food Ideas (Dec/Jan 2007) - for a mums and kids morning tea party. Everyone loved them. So quick and easy to make. (Prep time includes the 15 minutes cooling time for the onion mix.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 7 eggs (I found 6 was plenty)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (I used ricotta instead)
- 60 g sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (I used 1/4 cp ricotta mixed with 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard)
- 6 quartered cherry tomatoes, for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease 2 12-hole mini-muffin pans (30 ml capacity) or one 24-hole pan.
- Heat oil to medium high and saute onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, till tender. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream (or ricotta) in a large bowl till well-combined. Add onion mixture, semi-dried tomatoes and feta. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir with fork till well combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes until almost full. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden, then cool in pans for 5 minutes.Turn onto wire rack to cool.
- Top each cooled frittata with 1/2 tsp sour cream (or ricotta/mustard), 1 cherry tomato quarter and a tiny sprinkle of chives. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.