The Dancing Soy Bean's Note:
A very quick and easy way to make vegan omelets and up your daily protein count without excessive fat! Enjoy!
My Private Note
mini om ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces lite firm tofu (1/2 block)
- 3 slices soy cheese (homemade or store-bought)
- your choice of dried spices (optional)
- 1DO NOT press the tofu (it WILL shred if you do - and in this case, not pressing it won't result in a soggy wet mess). Instead, take your 1/2 block, lay it on the counter, and very carefully slice the top of it with a cheese slicer, making each slice as thick as the cheese slicer will allow. Remove the slice and repeat. You should end up with approximately 6 thin slices (some ripping may occur, but just go slowly and it should stay intact).
- 2Lay each slice on a large pan sprayed with Pam, on your stovetop (medium heat).
- 3Sprinkle the tops of the tofu slices with dried spices (or brush on some hot sauce), if you'd like more of a kick to your omelet.
- 4When the bottom of each slice has turned golden brown, flip them. When both sides are golden brown, remove from the stove. They will have shrunken a little, but that's because the water has cooked out.
- 5Sandwich a slice of vegan cheese between 2 slices of tofu, so that you end up with 3 mini omelet sandwiches. If you want the cheese to melt, microwave them for about 10 - 30 seconds (depending on your microwave's power).
- 6Enjoy with ketchup or plain! Makes a great "omelet" sandwich when between bread! And I'll bet adding vegan sausage to the sandwich would be good too (even more protein)!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Tofu Omelets
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: