Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
To make 12 regular-sized muffins from this mix, bake in a 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan for 15 to 18 minutes Prep time includes 5 mins standing time.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 60 g butter, melted, cooled
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 100 g toblerone milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease two 12-hole 2-tablespoon capacity mini muffin pans or line with paper cases.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk butter, milk and egg in a jug. Pour into well. Add chocolate and gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill muffin cases with mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
For some reason I always seem to have an abundance of toblerone after xmas etc so with my leftovers I made these for dd's lunchbox, these were nice, smell divine out of the oven but I did need to add quite a bit more milk as the consistency was just too thick. I got 12 cupcakes from this mix. Thanks for posting!