Recipe by Manami
I have always loved eclairs and what could be bad with a tiramisu eclair? Found in Southern Living Magazine, September 2003.
Top Review by Tamaretta
These were very well received at my Christmas party and they looked so pretty on the platter. Strawberries were not in season, so I didn't use them but I def try that when strawberries are in season. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers, split
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 3 ingredients until sugar is dissolved; set aside 2 tablespoons mixture.
- Brush cut sides of ladyfingers evenly with remaining coffee mixture.
- Stir together mascarpone cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and chocolate syrup until blended.
- Spoon or pipe mascarpone cheese mixture evenly onto 24 cut sides of ladyfinger halves; top with remaining ladyfinger halves, cut sides down.
- Microwave chocolate morsels, butter and cream at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted, stirring twice.
- Place chocolate mixture in a small heavy-duty zip-top bag.
- Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle over eclairs.
- Let stand until firm.
- Stir together reserved coffee mixture and remaining 1 cup powdered sugar, stirring until blended.
- Place coffee-powdered sugar mixture in small heavy duty zip-top bag; seal bag.
- Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag.
- Drizzle eclairs evenly with coffee-powdered sugar mixture.
- Place on a serving platter, cake stand, or in candy boxes, if desired.