Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Food For Thought, Favorite Recipes from Morristown-Beard School. For safe keeping.
Make and share this Mini Tartlet Shells With Minted Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
for the lamb filling
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
for the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, minced
- To prepare the lamb, heat the oil in a heavy skillet and add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground lamb and mint; saute until lamb is cooked through, breaking apart the meat until crumbled and browned, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Season with salt and pepper. (May be made a day ahead and refrigerated at this point).
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix. (This may be made a mixed a day ahead and refrigerated).
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon the lamb filling into tartlet shells and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 5-8 minutes, until heated through.
- To serve, place warm tartlets on a platter and top each with a small dollop of the yogurt sauce.