Recipe by jovigirl
Almost like small nachos, these are a great appetizer. (family circle)
Top Review by Luke Warm
I have been making these for as long as I can remember. I also put the meat on, then refried beans, one slice of olive, placing a small peice of jalapeno inside the olive, on top of that I place a small peice of tomato. After all that I top them of with a drizzle of velveta sauce, then finishing them with some grated chedder cheese. Pop these bad boys in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minuets. I always make about 50-60 of these. It takes awile but so worth it. As for them getting soggy, they do. I keep the ones I don't eat in the fridge, and pop them in the oven at 425 degrees for 5 1/2 minutes, they crisp up nicely.
- 48 corn tortilla chips (scoop shape)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 8 -12 pickled jalapeno peppers, slices chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian chili
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rack in uppermost position of oven. Heat to broil.
- Select 48 unbroken chips and place in single layer on one or two baking sheets.
- In small bowl, stir together the sour cream, jalapenos and taco seasoning.
- Place about 1 teaspoon chili into each tortilla cup.
- Top with about 1/2 teaspoon shredded cheese per cup.
- Place on top rack and broil 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted and chili is heated through.
- Once cups are heated, top with a small dollop of the jalapeno sour cream.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with extra sour cream on the side.