Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Almost like small nachos, these are a great appetizer. (family circle)
Make and share this Mini Taco Cups recipe from Food.com.
- Place rack in uppermost position of oven. Heat to broil.
- Select 48 unbroken chips and place in single layer on one or two baking sheets.
- In small bowl, stir together the sour cream, jalapenos and taco seasoning.
- Place about 1 teaspoon chili into each tortilla cup.
- Top with about 1/2 teaspoon shredded cheese per cup.
- Place on top rack and broil 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted and chili is heated through.
- Once cups are heated, top with a small dollop of the jalapeno sour cream.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with extra sour cream on the side.
I have been making these for as long as I can remember. I also put the meat on, then refried beans, one slice of olive, placing a small peice of jalapeno inside the olive, on top of that I place a small peice of tomato. After all that I top them of with a drizzle of velveta sauce, then finishing them with some grated chedder cheese. Pop these bad boys in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minuets. I always make about 50-60 of these. It takes awile but so worth it. As for them getting soggy, they do. I keep the ones I don't eat in the fridge, and pop them in the oven at 425 degrees for 5 1/2 minutes, they crisp up nicely.
I've made these twice in the past week. Everyone loves them. Great for one of my weird "appetizer" nights and great for late night snacking. Versatile as well.