Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These sound like a great idea for our office party! Recipe from Aaron McCargo, Jr from Big Daddy's House.
- 24 pre-made mini pie crusts
- oil, for pans
- 340.19 g can yams or 340.19 g can sweet potatoes
- 29.58 ml cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml caramel sauce
Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- 170.09 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the pre-made mini shells inside a greased 24-count mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl add the yams, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and caramel sauce. Beat with a hand-held electric mixer until well combined. Dollop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pie mixture into each shell. Bake until the custard sets, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese:.
- Add the cream cheese, cream, sugar and cinnamon to a large bowl. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the cream cheese mixture until you reach a frosting consistency. Transfer the mixture to a disposable pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe a small amount of whipped cream cheese on each mini sweet potato pie. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
These are really pretty when they are done. The icing is delicious!!! The actual pie was good too. I put mine in little mini muffin cups and made home made pie crusts. The crust ended up a little thick for the pies, but the flavor was good. I would suggest making sure the pie crust you use is pretty thin so it doesn't overpower the sweet potato mixture flavor. Otherwise, I didn't change anything and they were fun to to just pop in your mouth!