Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy appetizer that's delicious and will add a flash of color to your buffet table. Please be sure to use the small, sweet peppers and not red hot chili peppers. This recipe comes out of a 2001 BH&G.
- 30 mini sweet peppers (10 red, 10 yellow, 10 orange, if possible)
- 18 ounces semi-soft goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chives, tarragon and basil,freshly snipped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Leaving the peppers stem intact, cut a slit from the stem to the bottom tip of each pepper and remove seeds.
- In a bowl combine the goat cheese, snipped herbs, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers.
- On a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray arrange the peppers in a single layer.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until peppers are tender crisp.
- Arrange the prepared peppers into a pyramid shape on a small platter and garnish with fresh basil leaves.