Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe I've yet to try, but here for safe keeping. From Cooking Pleasures magazine as an advertisement. "Freezes well. Remove uncooked filled muffin tin from freezer and bake at 350 30-35 minutes."
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
Sweet Cherry Filling
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- confectioners' sugar
- mint sprig
- sweet cherry juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For cake, cut squares of chocolate into small pieces and place in double boiler with canola oil. Melt chocolate; cool.
- Beat eggs and egg yolks with sugar until fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture to egg mixture. Add flour; beat until fluffy and glossy, about 5 minute.
- For filling, combine sweet cherries, 1/2 cup water, sugar and food coloring in heavy saucepan; bring to boil on medium-low heat.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water. Add to cherry mixture, constantly stirring until boiling. Remove from heat; set aside until completely cooled.
- Oil and flour 3-inch muffin tin. Fill each muffin tin 1/2 full with cake mixture; add 1 Tbs cherry filling to each, then add additional cake mixture to fill.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until center is wobbly and sides are cooked. Run a knife around edge of cake to loosen; tip out onto plates.