I have to share this. I found this just searching one night months ago and not sure if this was the exact site, but it is the same recipe and they are just WAY too good. They are not hard, inexpensive and just a great appetizer. This is great for a dinner party, or just family or even a potluck. How about for Monday Night Football? I know it will be on my list for years to come. www.Ourbestbites.com is where I found this but I have seen this recipe on many sites. There are a few pics there that are helpful, but like I said, I just had to pass this on. No credit for this other than I love to make them. They are really good. The best part is ... you can stuff these with ham, pepperoni, sausage, onions peppers, etc, anything.
My Private Note
Pizza S ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups pizza toppings (this may include a mix of pepperoni, onion, green pepper, ham ... anything you like. All chopped fin)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce, for dipping (I prefer a good marinara sauce)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, for the topping
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1Prepare all your fillings -- I just make sure everything is diced fine.
- 2Pizza -- On a floured counter top or you can use corn meal roll out the dough in a large rectangle, about 12"x10". Then cut in 24 squares. Top each square with some of the filling and some of the cheese and then just pick up each square and enclose the dough around the filling and roll lightly into a ball.
- 3Baking -- place the pizza balls seam side down in a pie dish sprayed well with pam. Don't worry about them being right next to one another. When they are finished, you can pull them about like "cinnimon rolls." I think I got 12 in each pie plate.
- 4Topping -- Mix the olive oil with the garlic and dried seasoning and brush over the pizza balls and then top with a light dusting of the parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake -- 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. I just follow the directions for my pizza dough, usually 4,00 for about 15-20 minutes.
- 6They will be golden brown, crusty and just serve with marinara. They are small bite size tear away pizza balls which are just great. And like I said, fillings are whatever you like. I like pepperoni, onion, green pepper and mozzarella, but you can use anything, ham mushroom and swiss would be great, sausage, onion, sundried tomatoes, you name it. Just make sure the filling are already pre cooked.
- 7Marinara -- Heat up the marinara in a small bowl just in the microwave and serve with the pizza.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Stuffed Pizza Balls
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.9
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning