Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Your guests will love these, you can double the amount to serve a large crowd! You can make these in advance and chill until ready to serve.
- 15 small red potatoes (washed and leave unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or use vegetable or Canola oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1⁄2 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 slices bacon (cooked and finely crumbled)
- black pepper
- finely chopped green onion (to garnish)
- Set oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl mix together the oil with salt and garlic powder.
- Slice the potatoes in half then coat all sides with the oil mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet cut-side down.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until just tender; cool completely.
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream with green onions and crumbled cooked bacon, then season with black pepper.
- Slice a small thin piece off of the bottom of the baked potato half so that it will sit upright, then turn potato over.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon scoop out some of the center pulp (reserve the pulp for later use).
- Fill with about 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture, then sprinkle more chopped green onion on top of the sour cream.
- Serve immediately or chill until needed.
Simple, and delicious! Did a trial run yesterday before the big game. . . tried not to gorge myself silly, but couldn't help it. Kittencal, you're bad for my diet!