Recipe by Redsie
Wonderful mini-cheesecakes. You could use any kind of jam you have to make the swirl! Hope you enjoy them as we did! Adapted from a R. Reisman recipe.
Top Review by MsSally
These taste very good. However, do NOT try to use fat-free versions of the cheeses. I did so and mine did not set up so I had to freeze them. They were still edible and I can't wait to try this the right way. They taste just like real cheesecake without the guilt.
- 1 1⁄4 cups smooth light ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line one 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In a food processor, combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, vanilla, sugar and flour; purée until smooth. Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Place a dollop of strawberry jam in each muffin cup and use a butter knife to swirl it around gently.
- Set the muffin tin in a larger pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the muffin cups.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or just until the muffins are set.
- Remove the muffin tin from its water bath. Let the tin cool on a wire rack. Chill.