Recipe by Momlovetocook
I get this recipe from my best friend. *Note: When baking the pastry in the oven, keep an eye on it because the baking time varies if you use a dark baking sheets, parchment paper, etc. because it may affect the baking time. I use dark non stick baking sheet and only baked it for 10-11 minutes Also depending on your oven too.Enjoy everybody!
- 1 sheet pepperidge farm frozen puff pastry sheet
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced strawberries
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 40 minute Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Cut into 3 strips along fold marks. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles.
- Place 2” apart on baking sheet. Bake 15 minute or until golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions except use 1 cup milk. Fold in whipped cream.
- Split pastries into 2 layers (cut one by one layers in half horizontally, it’s puffy when finish baking), making 24 layers in all. Set aside 8 top layers.
- Spread 8 bottom layers with 2 tablespoons pudding mixture. Top with 1 tablespoons strawberries and another layer. Spread with remaining pudding. Top with remaining strawberries and top layers.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with extra strawberries on top! (I added this one.)
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Make 8 Napoleons.
- *For 1 ½ cups sweetened whipped cream, beat ¾ cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract in chilled bowl until stiff peaks form. (You can use electrical mixer and use low power and then gradually go high to form the stiff peaks).