Recipe by jonesies
These low-fat appetizers are ideal for entertaining. They can be assembled in advance, refrigerated and then baked just before serving. Taken from the South Beach Diet cookbook (Phase 2)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 slices roasted deli turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except turkey until well blended.
- Flatten turkey slices; place 1 slice in each of 24 miniature muffin pan cups. Fill each with 1 1/2 tsp of the spinach mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm.