Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From House & Home
Make and share this Mini Spinach Calzones recipe from Food.com.
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (soft)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 -2 cup spaghetti sauce (for dipping)
- Mix spinach,cream cheese, green onion, parmesan cheese and pepper; set aside.
- On lightly floured table roll dough out into a 15-inch square.
- With a knife cut into 25 three-inch squares.
- Spoon a heaping 1 teaspoon of filling on the middle of dough.
- Brush edges of dough with some water.
- Lift a corner of each square and stretch dough over filling to the opposite corner,making a triangle.
- Press edges of dough to seal.
- Prick calzones with a fork, brush with milk.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet 425° for 8-10 minutes or golden brown.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce.
The recipe looks nice but how can you roll the dough into a 12 inch square and then cut it into 25 3 inch squares? It seems to me that the maximum you can get is 16 3 inch squares. (12X12) = 144 sq in total area then /9 = 16, whereas (3X3)X25 = 225 sq in total area.