Recipe by Douglas Poe
Made these for a coffee social at church. Can be made in regular muffin tin, you will need to bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make topping in small bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg and salt together; set aside.
- In another bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla and buttermilk.
- Beat in dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Using a small scoop, drop a scoop of batter into the bowl with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the dough with the mixture and roll it around until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar.
- Place the ball into the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle left over cinnamon sugar onto the top of muffins.
- Bake until tops are golden brown about 12 to 15 minutes.