Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite appetizers to serve at my get togethers and doesn't require a lot of prep work, these little guys pack a lot of flavour. Purchase the small smoky cocktail wieners for this.
- 27 small cocktail franks
- 9 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Cut each bacon slice into thirds.
- Wrap each slice around each of the small smokies.
- Place in foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together the ketchup with brown sugar to form a thick mixture.
- Remove the cocktail wieners from oven and brush about 1 teaspoon of the ketchup/brown sugar mixture over the wiener.
- Place back in the oven and bake until the bacon is lightly crisp (do not overcook or the bacon will be too hard!).
Really easy to make and delicious! Everyone loved them!
Great appetizer and so easy to make!
What a hit at my work potluck! I have made these before but never with the ketchup. They give these party dogs a little extra something. I only had thick cut bacon on hand so the center pieces were great, but the fatty ends of course took longer to cook and were chewier. I will be certain to keep regular bacon on hand for these franks! Thanks, Kittencal!