Recipe by DebaRooRoo
This is a simple and delicious way to use up extra eggs. The caramelized green onions go incredibly well with the smoked cheddar.The mini quiches are adorable and reheat well the next day. My boyfriend loves bacon (and I'm a vegetarian) so I made half the quiches with bacon and half without!
Top Review by rosie316
I made these for breakfast today. I cut the portions down (using the serving conversion chart) to 3, since it was just hubby and I. I did get 2 muffin cups filled with the recommended ingredients. I made both with the bacon option, frying 2 strips and crumbling them. I also only used 1 skillet. I fried the bacon first, then used the drippings to make the onions. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but mine didn't turn out as pretty as what is pictured. I greased the cups, but they still stuck. We didn't get the muffin appearance at all, but they were tasty. I will try these again, I just have to figure out how to make them work. Thank you for posting this recipe. (Made for PAC - Spring 2013)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook bacon in one pan and saute green onions with butter, salt, and pepper in another pan. Once cooled, crumble bacon in a bowl. The green onions should be slightly caramelized and set aside to cool.
- Combine caramelized green onions, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Put half of mixture in separate bowl and combine with bacon.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Divide egg mixture into cups of a greased 12 cup muffin pan.
- Top half egg muffins with a spoonful of the vegetarian mixture and half with a spoonful of the bacon mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool for 2 minutes before eating.