Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachael Ray
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and vanilla on high speed until pale yellow and fluffy, about 7 minutes. Slowly beat in the granulated sugar. On low speed, mix in the ricotta, lemon peel and flour.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 foil baking liners and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the foil liners.
- Place the muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet, transfer to the oven and pour about 1 1/2 cups water onto the baking sheet to make a water bath.
- Bake until the cheesecake centers are just set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffin pan from the baking sheet, then top the cheesecakes with the pine nuts, patting gently to adhere.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes, then dust with confectioners' sugar.
I cannot say enough good things about these! I made them as part of the dessert buffet for our wedding and they were a huge hit. Kept to the recipe but subbed 1/2 t. lemon extract for the lemon peel. Also made an Almond Graham Cracker crust: mixed 1 C graham cracker crumbs, 1 T white sugar, 5 T melted butter & 1/2 t. almond extract in a bowl. Added about 1 T of the graham cracker crust to the bottom of the cupcake holder.
Incredibly easy, gourmet results.
Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/Cheesecakes(Individual).html#ixzz1ZdcRbBEC
10 STARS for these! Delicious and very easy. Loved the flavor of the lemon and toasted pine nuts together. I also used paper liners with no problem. I think they would be good with orange instead of lemon, also! Thanks for this keeper. made for ZWT 7.
These cute wee cakes are a breeze to put together and come out delicious. I didn't have a lemon for the peel but wanted the lemon flavor so I added 3/4 tsp of lemon extract along with the vanilla. I just wanted a few nuts on each cheesecake and didn't bother toasting the tablespoon of them that I used. 20 mins was the ideal baking time, mine were perfect at that point. I think that I should mention too that I didn't have foil cups so just used paper cups that I sprayed with Pam and they came out easily. Made for Photo Tag.