Prep 28 mins
Cook 27 mins
Great recipe for any day of the week, with great flavor.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lb of 300 count baby shrimp
- salt & pepper, ground
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 -5 chives, sniped with scissors (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Put a large pot of water over high heat and bring it to a boil; add salt. Cook pasta according to package directions, to al dente.
- Meanwhile, smash garlic cloves with a small pan: separate out the skins and throw them away.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add evoo and butter. When the butter has melted into oil, and crushed garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add shrimp; add salt and pepper. Cook shrimp until heated through, 2 or 3 minutes: add stock and raise up heat to bring to a boil. Toss the pasta with the shrimp sauce, and the snipped or chopped herbs. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. I made this as directed and my family liked it but didn't love it. We thought the sauce was a bit thin and it seemed like it was missing something. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad and I'm sure others might love it. It just wasn't to my family's liking.