1 hr 10 mins
tornadoes three's Note:
Again a recipe for Thanksgiving 2007. The degree of difficulty on this recipe is intermediate. It is a recipe by Giada De Laurentiis. If done correctly, and with patience. This is easily a 5-star recipe. Please try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned chopped tomato with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend (for egg wash)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant and tender, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, thyme, parsley, and wine. Increase the heat to medium and simmer until most of the liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes. In a small bowl, season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the skillet and saute until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool in a small bowl.
- 2Position 1 oven rack in the center and the second rack on the bottom of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- 3Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll out each piece of pizza dough into a 7-inch-diameter floured round. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella over the lower half of each pizza dough, dividing equally and leaving a 1-inch border. Spoon the shrimp mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the shrimp mixture. Brush the edge of the dough with egg wash. Fold the plain dough halves over the filling, forming half circles. Pinch the edges of dough firmly together and crimp to seal.
- 4Transfer the calzones to the 2 prepared sheets. Bake until the calzones puff and become golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Brush extra-virgin olive oil over calzones and serve.
- 5Pizza Dough:.
- 61/2 cup warm water (105 to 110 degrees F).
- 72 teaspoons active dry yeast.
- 82 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading.
- 91 teaspoon salt.
- 103 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for bowl.
- 11Mix the warm water and yeast in a small bowl to blend. Let stand until the yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes. Mix the flour and salt in a food processor to blend. Blend in the oil. With the machine running, add the yeast mixture and blend just until the dough forms. Turn the dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm draft-free area until the dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour. Punch the down dough and form into ball. The dough can be used immediately or stored airtight in the refrigerator for 1 day.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Shrimp Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.7
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 194.6 mg
- Sodium 960.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 34.1 g