1/2 Photos of Mini Shortbread Cookies
These are tiny, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies that my daughter and I make every Christmas, and sometimes on Valentines day with red cherries and a heart shaped cookie cutter. As far as I can tell they are no-fail. I originally found the recipe on the back of a cornstarch box, but we make them differently than the instructions with a different yield.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2Sift the corn starch, icing sugar and flour.
- 3Blend in the butter until dough is completely smooth (I usually just use my hands to do this).
- 4Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/4" thick.
- 5Cut cookies using a 1" round or heart shaped cookie cutter (these cookies turn out much better small).
- 6Reform the leftover pieces of cookie dough to roll and make more cookies.
- 7Place cookies on a shiny cookie pan (preferably one of the insulated types).
- 8Top cookies with either 1/4 or 1/2 of a cherry (these are tiny cookies and depending on cherry size do just fine with 1/4 of a cherry) OR a chocolate chip.
- 9Bake at 300 degrees F for 17-18 minutes.
- 10These cookies do not turn noticibly brown.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.0
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 19.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g