Recipe by Chef Fibi
The batter for this tiny crustless quiches is so quickly and delicious you must try it.
Top Review by deecooks
Didn't want to rate this with stars because I didn't try the recipe but waned to let others know that I use a blender when making these this crustless quiche-type snacks. My recipe makes 36 mini clafoutis. It's just about the same amounts given except I use 1 c. heavy cream, 1 c. milk & 1/2 c. cornstarch. I put everything in the blender for 1 minute. This recipe would work exactly the same. I think this recipe is a good one. Just wanted to give you a tip about using the blender.
- butter or oil, for muffing tins
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup tsps kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cheese (divided)
- 1 -2 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, chives, dill) or 1 -2 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 450°; butter muffing tins.
- Put the cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Whisking steadily, slowly pour in 1/2 cup of milk, mixing until quite smooth. Whisk in whole eggs and yolks, mixing again until smooth and gradually rest of the milk, the cream, salt and cayenne.
- Put 1/2 tsp of the grated or crumbled cheese and and pinch of the fresh herbs into each of the muffing cup; add 2 tbsp of the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.