1/2 Photos of Mini Sausage Quiche Appetizers
1 hr 10 mins
For ease you may use purchased miniature frozen tart shells, spicy Italian sausage works the best for this, if using mild sausage I recommend to add in the cayenne pepper --- these are very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened (can use margarine)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage (such as Jimmy Dean's, use mild or spicy)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (use only if using milk sausage)
- 1/2-3/4 cup finely shredded swiss cheese (or as needed)
- 1 large green onion, minced (or use 2 tablespoons minced chives)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or as needed)
- 1Lightly grease 36 miniature muffin tins.
- 2In a bowl beat butter with cream cheese and flour until smooth.
- 3Shape tablespoons of dough into balls.
- 4Press 1 ball into the bottom and up the sides of each greased muffin cup.
- 5Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate the tins until ready to fill.
- 6In a skillet cook the sausage meat until no longer pink; drain fat and cool slightly.
- 7Divide the sausage meat into each prepared dough/muffin tin.
- 8Sprinkle a small amount of Swiss cheese over the top of the sausage meat then some green onions over the cheese.
- 9In a bowl whisk the eggs with cream and black pepper.
- 10Pour the egg mixture into each shell then sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- 11Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes or until browned.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Sausage Quiche Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 125.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g