Recipe by Kim_150
This tastes like a classic breakfast casserole, but comes in easy single servings, and is great to make over the weekend and have breakfast prepared for a few days. You have the option of using lower-fat ingredients (I use whole-grain flour), or using different meats or vegetables.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Enjoyed this recipe and all the ingredients it uses. Muffin cup size casseroles are a nice change. We like using herbs so next time I'll experiment and add another herb for a different flavour.
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, with greens, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray muffin tins well with non-stick spray (no muffin cups are needed).
- Mix the cottage cheese, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt until blended. Add the remaining ingredients, and pour into muffin tins.
- Bake until they are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes.