Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from an Ontario Chicken Lovers cookbook
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 3⁄4 cup corn
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine chicken, 3/4 cup of salsa, corn, bread crumbs, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 even sized loaves and arrange on a microwave safe roasting rack.
- Spoon remaining salsa over loaves.
- Cover with waxed paper and microwave on high for 8-12 mins or until no longer pink.
- Let stand covered for 5-10 minutes to complete cooking.
A beauty of a recipe! I couldn't find ground chicken so used ground turkey. I also used a mix of chilli powder, cayenne pepper and paprika for the 2tsp of spices and loved the flavour. This is also a brilliant recipe for Weight Watchers as you get the flavour of mexican food without the fatty sour cream and guacamole! I cooked mine in the oven to be sure it was fully cooked- 40 mins did the trick.
I liked the Mexican twist in these little guys! You could really taste the chili powder and it was very good. I will make these again as my family enjoyed them too. I made one change though. I didn't want to cook these in the microwave so I cooked them in the oven until they reached 170F. It took about 1/2 hour. Made for PRMR tag. Thanks! :)