Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from BBC Good Food, adapted for US measurements. I haven't made it, but the picture on the BBC site makes them look just gorgeous. A lovely hors d'oeuvres suitable for a party. Dairy and gluten free (though you can use regular flour if you're not gluten free!)
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 ounces smoked salmon, trimmings plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus extra
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons flour or 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- oil, for frying
- Mix pepper with flour and set aside.
- Microwave potatoes on high for 10 mins until tender. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Scoop the potato out of its skin into a bowl, then mash and cool. Season with olive oil, lemon zest and juice to taste, then mix in the egg, salmon trimmings and parsley.
- Shape into small rounds 1 1/4 inches 1/2 inch deep. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Dust each cake with the peppered flour, then fry over low heat in a little oil for 2-3 mins on each side. Drain on kitchen paper and serve garnished with extra salmon and parsley.
Very good! They were a hit with my husband and ds!
These mini fishcakes were divine! I made them just as is to the recipe and they were wonderful. We had them for lunch with a salad on the side. These would be a great appetizer for a dinner or cocktail party.