1/1 Photo of Mini Salad Bar for Picky In-Laws
My in-laws are wonderful people and I love them dearly but, except for my MIL, they are picky eaters. And they are each picky in their own way too so what my SIL likes my BIL won't eat and what my BIL likes my other SIL picks out. This is my salad solution when I'm hosting the get-together. Its not hard to cut down the quantities if you don't have as many in-laws. :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 lb mesclun or 1 lb Italian salad mix
- 1/2 lb raw spinach
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3 -5 cucumbers
- 3 -5 bell peppers (mixed colors prefered)
- 3 -5 garden tomatoes or 1 -2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1/2 lb celery rib
- black olives (optional)
- green olives (optional)
- crouton (optional)
- salad dressing
- 1Wash, trim, and chop or tear all greens. Put the iceberg in one bowl, the mesclun in another bowl, the spinach in another, and the romaine in another.
- 2Clean and slice the cucumbers. We don't peel garden cucumbers, only store cucumbers. You can if you prefer. Arrange in a shallow dish.
- 3Wash tomatoes. If full-size, slice them into thick rounds and arrange in a shallow dish. If cherry tomatoes, take stems off and put into a bowl.
- 4Put the remaining items into more small bowls.
- 5Provide a selection of dressings, homemade or store-bought. I suggest several variations from Basic Vinaigrette Dressing With 8 Variations.
- 6Note -- if there is something you know EVERYONE likes increase the quantity as needed.
- 7A bunch of attractive, coordinating bowls are very nice if you have them, but if your in-laws are as informal and loving as mine are the cereal bowls will do just fine. :D.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Salad Bar for Picky In-Laws
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: