Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you're not from the Southwest, you might not understand the love affair that goes on with chiles. They are addicting....and that's scientifically proven! I'm going to try to post as many chile recipes as I can!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken, cubed
- 8 green chilies, peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch strips
- 4 cups frying oil (vegetable, peanut..your choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pancake mix
- Wrap the green chiles around the cubes of chicken and secure them with toothpicks.
- Combine the oil and salt in a deep fryer or dutch oven and heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the pancake mix and water and beat until smooth.
- Roll the chile/chicken bites in the batter, then drop them in the hot oil.
- Cook until brown.
- Remove them, drain and serve with chile con queso, red chile sauce, sour cream, salsa .
- your choice.