Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simmering ravioli in broth gives more flavor then simply boiling in water. This recipe makes 4 side-dish servings or 2 main-dish servings.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini cheese ravioli (I use Trader Joe's brand, dried, from a 16-ounce package)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- Bring the chicken broth to boil in a medium (8 or 9-inch) non-stick skillet.
- When the broth is boiling, add the minced garlic and mini-ravioli.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the ravioli absorb ALL of the broth, but don't let ravioli brown.
- (There should be nothing to drain).
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and oregano over the ravioli and pour in the half& half.
- Stir gently until the parmesan melts and all the ravioli are coated with the parmesan/half& half mixture.
- Remove skillet from heat and cover for about 5 minutes before serving.