Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
No your usual rich crust to these. These are a good breakfast food. My daughters heat them up in the microwave for a fast breakfast or a snack.
Top Review by Divalicious *808*
What's not to love? Bacon, eggs, cheese all together in a bread cup to go! Soo yummy!. The bottom is like a savory bread pudding with the fluffy egg. I used fat free half & half and had to finely dice some cheddar/swiss (used both) didn't have any shredded. Perfect breakfast with unlimited variations. Thanks for posting Cullinaryjudge!
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 2⁄3 cup swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from bread; spread bread with butter on one side.
- Place buttered side down, pressing firmly into muffin cups.
- Be careful not to tear the bread.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs and milk in a large liquid measuring cup.
- Set aside.
- Saute bacon and green onions until both are cooked; drain fat.
- Divide evenly between the 12 bread cups.
- Pour a bit of the egg mixture over top, allowing it to be partially absorbed, then add more.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Cool and remove from tins.
- These do stick a bit but are well worth the effort.