Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
I always make these for parties. They are such good finger food. Make sure you use puff pastry!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 6 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 250 g bacon, diced
- 250 g mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Using a 6cm cookie cutter, cut out pasty, and line small flat bottomed cup cake tin tray with pastry (oil tray 1st). Should be enough for 24 quiche.
- Fry bacon and place in pastry cases, put mozzarella on top of bacon.
- Beat eggs together and add milk, cream, nutmeg, and plain flour. Mix together.
- Pour small amounts of eggs mix into pastry cases until it is up to the top.
- Top with dried chives.
- Bake 20 mins until quiche has risen and looks golden.
I have never used puff pastry with quiche before and was a little hesitant on how they would turn out. I followed the recipe exactly and ............... No problems with using the puff pastry they were fantastic! I am so glad I followed your advice and made sure I used puff pastry djmastermum. Such a a great recipe, quick easy and they tasted really wonderful! I made these to freeze but many made it to the freezer! Everyone loved these and this recipe will definately be made again amd again! Thanks djmastermum!
Good finger food it is. We really enjoyed these. I used the 3 cheese for the mozzarella. I will be making them again. Look forward to taking these little morsels on our camping trips. Thank-you.