Recipe by JustJanS
Very popular finger food in Australia, expensive to buy, but so simple to make!
Top Review by whitneyinnz
Yummy! I made it with Puff Pastry instead of short pastry crust, and it tasted just like a Baked Egg Souffle from Panera Bread! Just puff the pastry for a minute before adding the egg mixture. I did regular muffin-sized quiches instead of mini ones. I still baked them for 12 minutes. I will definitely make these again!
- 1 kg ready-rolled shortcrust pastry (6 sheets)
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onion and bacon over a low heat until the onion is softened.
- Allow to cool a little.
- Mix together with the eggs, cream, cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Using a cookie cutter or glass, cut 12 circles from each pastry sheet.
- Use these to line a mini muffin pan.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the egg and bacon mix in each pastry base.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 12 minutes per tray (or until puffed, golden and set).
- repeat with remaining pastry sheets and mix.