3 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is adopted from Mean Chef. I have not tried it, but will soon. Mean Chef says: These tiny tarts are a dressed-up version of pumpkin pie. Eliminating the traditional cinnamon and clove seasonings really lets the pumpkin's sweetness come through. And because you don't need a fork, these bite-sized morsels are perfect for a buffet-style party. Prep time estimate includes chilling time for the cream.
My Private Note
mini ta ...
Units: US | Metric
For the Gingered Cream
For the crust
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling
- 1Heat the whipping cream until scalding (do not boil), then add grated white chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- 2Add slice of ginger and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- 4Make the crust: put flour, brown sugar& pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until nuts are ground into a powder.
- 5Add shortening and butter, pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- 6Add the ice water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture begins to pull away from the sides of the food processor and form a ball.
- 7If you have a tart shaper, roll the dough into balls the size of a large marble, place one in each mini-muffin cup, and press with tart shaper to form crust.
- 8If you don't have a tart shaper, roll the dough out to about 1/4" thick and cut with a circular cookie cutter, then press the circles of dough into the tart pan.
- 9Mix the egg, pumpkin, brown sugar, evaporated milk, ginger& salt.
- 10Stir until combined.
- 11Fill the tart crusts with the pumpkin mixture.
- 12Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until pumpkin mixture is firm and crusts are a golden brown.
- 13Let cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, then remove tarts and place them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 14Remove the slice of ginger from the whipped cream, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- 15Place a dollop of cream on each tart, and top with a tiny bit of minced candied ginger.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Pumpkin Tarts With Gingered White Chocolate Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 48.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g