Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These loaf cakes are always a winner, they always turn out great, they rise so high, and are so moist, if desired, you could add mini chocolate chips, or nuts, or both! If you like you could dust with icing sugar after baking.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- Set oven to 350 degrees, (second lowest position).
- Grease bottoms only of mini loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, butter, oil; add eggs, until well combined (about 2-3 minutes).
- Combine/sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to egg mixture, with canned pumpkin; mix well.
- Pour/transfer into regular or fluted mini loaf pans, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until cake test done with toothpick.
Made them today! Taste great! I did cut way down on sugar since I used low fat pie filling. I also used wheat flour instead of white. I added 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. I made them cupcake size. Made 20. Grandkids are coming this weekend so now I have something for them. Thankyou!!