Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These 5-inch pies can be shared between two. (Dessert-lovers can have their own). Each serving is 1/2 a pie. I found this recipe in Better Homes And Garden magazines. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- butter pastry pie crust
- 1 cup milk
- 8 serving instant butterscotch pudding mix (2 - 4 serving size pkgs)
- 30 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- spiced whipped cream (optional)
Spiced Whipped Cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 450. Divide chilled pastry into 8 portions. On a lightly floured surface roll each portion into a 7-inch circle. Line eight 4 3/8-5-inch foil or metal tart pans with pastry. Fold edge under and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl combine milk, pudding mix, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide among the prepared crusts, spreading evenly. Cover lightly and chill at least 2 hours. To serve, top with Spiced Whipped Cream; sprinkle lightly with pumpkin pie spice.
- Spiced Whipped Cream: In a chilled medium mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.