Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice and thoughtful gift mix. Got it from Nestle site.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins (optional) or 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries (optional) or 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- Combine all ingredients, except pumpkin, in large bowl.
- Pour into a resealable plastic bag; seal.
- Wrap muffin mix and can of pumpkin in fabric; tie with a matching ribbon or twine.
- RECIPE TO ATTACH: Pour muffin mix into large bowl.
- Cut in 1/2 cup vegetable shortening with pastry blender until mixture is fine.
- Add 1 cup LIBBY'S 100% PURE PUMPKIN, 1 cup milk and 2 large eggs; mix until just moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined mini-muffin pans, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 400ºF oven for 15 minutes; remove to wire racks.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Makes about 60 mini muffins.
Really nice muffins, not too sweet, great for breakfast or afternoon tea.
These were so tasty! It was my first time making muffins and I made them to have around the house at Christmas. Absolutely fantastic!
I MADE these yummy muffins as opposed to giving the mix, etc. I have a friend who has been at a rehab center for quite awhile and I know he likes to share treats with other patients and the staff so I whipped up a bunch of these muffins along with Marvelous Muffins recipe#19412 and Pecan Pie mini muffins, recipe #49381, I made them all as mini-muffins and they complemented each other nicely as a lovely fall basket of muffins to which I added fall wrapped candies and a big bow. Made a great presentation for truly delicious muffins.