Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Cute little miniature loaves of pumpkin-date bread with chopped dates. Great for gifts. Can also be made into 2 large loaves.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup of chopped dates
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 11 miniature loaf pans (4 ½ x 2 ¾ x 1 1/3 inches) or two 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pans. Mix sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except the dates.
- Divide the batter among the pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes for the miniature loaves or 50 to 60 minutes for the larger loafs (or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- For a special touch: before baking, mix 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, 1/3 cup chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon of soften butter until crumbly and sprinkle over loaves.