Recipe by Monica120179
I came across this recipe while clipping coupons and modified it to suit our taste. They are perfect potluck and party food. Garnish with walnuts, mini chocolate chips, fresh mint, cinnamon, powdered sugar--whatever you like!
- 18 gingersnap cookies or 18 vanilla wafers
- 12 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄3 cup honey
- 18 cupcake liners
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place cupcake liners in muffin pans. Spray each liner with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one gingersnap in each cup, flat side down.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla and corn starch with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time then add in pumpkin and corn syrup.
- Beat thoroughly and pour equal amounts into each cupcake liner.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes until just set. They will seem wet in the middle but this is fine.
- Cool then chill for at least one hour before serving with your favorite garnish.