Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These are cute little pumpkin bundt cakes. I found this on a cake box some time ago.
- 510.29 g package spice cake mix
- 453.59 g can solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 314.66 ml water
- 3 eggs
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml butter flavoring
- 4.92 ml nut flavoring
- 946.36 ml apple cider, divided
- 29.58 ml apple cider, divided
- 16 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks or 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- 177.44 ml caramel ice cream topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 12 (1/2-cup) mini Bundt pans.
- For cakes, combine all cake ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- For glaze, combine 4 cups apple cider, cloves and cinnamon sticks in nonstick skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 7 minutes or until liquid has reduced to 1 cup. Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons apple cider and cornstarch in small bowl; stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- When cider mixture is reduced, add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks from glaze; discard. Spoon about 1 tablespoon apple cider glaze over each cake. Drizzle 1 tablespoon caramel topping around outer edge of each cake, if desired.