Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't stand to leave a recipe alone. I figured if you can make banana pudding with vanilla wafers, Chessman cookies, graham crackers or Twinkies, surely you can make one with a pound cake as the base. I did and it was wonderful so I thought I would share.
- 6 (3 1/4 ounce) mini hostess butter pound cake (I used the ones that came in the box)
- 5 bananas
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box banana cream instant pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Slice each pound cake into 4 slices and place in the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Slice the bananas and place them on top of the pound cake slices.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the 2 pudding mixes and the 3 cups milk and mix well.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
- Pour this liquid mixture over the cake and banana slices.
- Refrigerate for one hour until set.
- Top with Cool Whip and serve.