Recipe by Chef mariajane
These little gems are best served immediately after preparing, but they are quick and easy to make. Serve these little appetizers with drinks at your New Year's party!!
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (approx)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (approx)
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces smoked trout, cut into small strips
- snipped fresh chives
- 24 small dill sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or by hand, shred potatoes and onions. Place in a clean tea towel and squeeze out excess moisture; transfer to a bowl. Stir in eggs flour, salt, and pepper, adding more to taste.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, heat a thin film of oil. Cooking a few at a time and using about 1 tablespoons of the mixture for each pancake, place round mounds in hot skillet; press to flatten.
- Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side, turning once. Add more oil as needed for remaining pancakes. Drain well on paper towels.
- To serve, top each pancakes with a dollop of sour cream. Arrange strip of trout on top; garnish with a length of chive or dill sprig.