Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These little gems are best served immediately after preparing, but they are quick and easy to make. Serve these little appetizers with drinks at your New Year's party!!
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (approx)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (approx)
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces smoked trout, cut into small strips
- snipped fresh chives
- 24 small dill sprigs
- In a food processor or by hand, shred potatoes and onions. Place in a clean tea towel and squeeze out excess moisture; transfer to a bowl. Stir in eggs flour, salt, and pepper, adding more to taste.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, heat a thin film of oil. Cooking a few at a time and using about 1 tablespoons of the mixture for each pancake, place round mounds in hot skillet; press to flatten.
- Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side, turning once. Add more oil as needed for remaining pancakes. Drain well on paper towels.
- To serve, top each pancakes with a dollop of sour cream. Arrange strip of trout on top; garnish with a length of chive or dill sprig.