Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the September 2004 issue of "Delicious" magazine, an Australian publication. These were very simply to make and tasted really fabulous, a great alternative to the bigger sized portion, and pretty good for a dinner party too!Using a mandoline, from kitchenware shops will makes this easier to prepare.
- 600 g potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- (400 degrees F).
- Cut baking paper into 18, 2cm X 15cm strips.
- Grease a 6 hole, 1/2 cup Muffin pan.
- Line each hole with 3 of the strips on a criss-cross pattern, creating'handles that you can use to remove your gratins.
- Toss potatoes and cream in a bowl and add salt and ground black pepper.
- Layer potatoe slices in pan pour over any remaining liquid and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the Muffin tin, and place on serving plates.
- Enjoy, we did!
For this to be such a simple recipe, it made the biggest hit at my house!!!!! My husband loves trying all of the recipes that I try, and he usually like or loves then all, but this one he raved over. I made exactly as directed. The paper makes removing them from the pan so easy, and they make such a pretty presentation on the plate. This will be a regular item at our home for sure.