Recipe by Sharon123
Each succulent mini burger also features tender grilled zucchini, squash, and eggplant. Serve with oven-fried potatoes and a green salad. I like to put a little mayonnaise mixed with sweet Thai chili sauce on them. From Country Living magazine.
- 12 medium portabella mushrooms
- 2 small italian eggplants
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 zucchini
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 12 mini brioche buns (or dinner rolls)
- 7.39 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml sesame seeds
- 255.14 g swiss cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Trim the stems from the mushrooms. Slice the eggplant, squash, and zucchini into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Brush vegetables with canola oil, sprinkle with salt, and grill until softened and grill marks have formed — about 10 minutes each side. (Brush with oil as needed to prevent sticking.)
- Transfer to a baking pan. Heat broiler to low. Split the buns, brush the tops with the sesame oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Layer the squash, zucchini, eggplant, and mushroom on the bottom bun halves. Top each with cheese and broil until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Top with remaining seeded bun tops and serve hot.
- Note: If you want to mix about 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1-2 tbls. sweet Thai chili sauce and slather on the buns.