Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Mini meat loaves with a difference, can be made smaller if preferred using smaller muffin tins. Can be served hot or cold. Reheat well for lunch.
- Lightly grease four holes of a 1 cup capacity muffin pan.
- Combine mince, onion, apple, parsley, garlic, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl, using hands, mixing well.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan holes.
- Cook in moderate oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn out the meat loaves, draining away any excess juice.
- Place meat loaves onto a greased oven tray.
- Spread barbeque sauce evenly over tops.
- Cook meat loaves in a hot oven for a further 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
These were super tasty! I doubled the recipe and added equal portions of ground turkey breast / pork sausage. I added homemade BBQ sauce into the mixture and extra on top. I made 18 cupcake size muffins for about 113 cals each. Served with roasted carrots and green beans. My picky kids loved them!
These were delicious and they look so nice on your plate. I used Panko crumbs & Chipotle BBQ sauce. The bake time was a little longer - I did 20 minutes at 375 and then another 20 minutes at 400 with the BBQ sauce on them. Thanks for a lovely dinner
For a meat loaf recipe I found overall that this wasn't bad. I'm not much of a meat loaf person but my husband does so every so often I'll venture out of the norm and try to see if I can find a meat loaf recipe that I'll enjoy. I liked the flavour that the apple gave but almost wish there was a bit more of an apple flavour. This could be from the type of apples I was using. What also might have contributed to not being able to taste the apple flavour as well is that I used Italian herbed bread crumbs (didn't have plain available at the time). Overall, it wasn't too bad and maybe with a bit of experimenting, I can give it more of the flavour I would like. Thanks for the recipe and my husband enjoyed this and took seconds.