Recipe by Sueie
Mini meat loaves with a difference, can be made smaller if preferred using smaller muffin tins. Can be served hot or cold. Reheat well for lunch.
Top Review by ewheatdr
These were super tasty! I doubled the recipe and added equal portions of ground turkey breast / pork sausage. I added homemade BBQ sauce into the mixture and extra on top. I made 18 cupcake size muffins for about 113 cals each. Served with roasted carrots and green beans. My picky kids loved them!
- 500 g ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease four holes of a 1 cup capacity muffin pan.
- Combine mince, onion, apple, parsley, garlic, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl, using hands, mixing well.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan holes.
- Cook in moderate oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn out the meat loaves, draining away any excess juice.
- Place meat loaves onto a greased oven tray.
- Spread barbeque sauce evenly over tops.
- Cook meat loaves in a hot oven for a further 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.