Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. 2 pizzas per serve makes a light main meal. Have not included 45 minutes of proving.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
WOW! Made this tonight!
Was an ABSOLUTE delight!
I do admit, I used a wholemeal tortilla, oil sprayed, TRUE!
The hint or tip is to oil spray once everything is on it too!
Had some prosciutto to use up too!
VERY healthy meal indeed...was GREAT for today!
Thanks for this recipe JUMPING out at me and came my way!
NOTE: Using tortilla, once they are stacked takes 10 minutes in 350 degree oven :) works for me! :)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste (no added salt)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 50 g prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- 60 g rocket (4 cups baby rocket leaves)
- 20 g spinach leaves (2 cups baby spinach)
- 4 egg tomatoes (roma cut into wedges)
- 2 yellow capsicums (yellow bell pepper cut into short thin strips)
- 3 lebanese cucumbers (peeled into long ribbons using a vegetable peeler)
- 80 g bocconcini (torn in pieces)
- ground black pepper (fresh to taste)
- 120 g plain flour (wholemeal 3/4 cup)
- 115 g plain flour (3/4 cup)
- 7 g dried yeast (sachet)
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 185 ml water (lukewarm 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- DOUGH - put flours, yeast and sugar in a medium bowl and stir well and add the lukewarm water and oil and using a flat bladed knife mix until the dough starts to come together to form a ball.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Spray a medium bowl with cooking spray and add dough and cover with plastic wrap and clean, dry tea towel and set aside in a warm, draught free place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190C (fan forced) and spray 2 large baking trays with cooking spray.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions and roll out into thin rounds and then place on the baking tray.
- Combine tomato paste and garlic in a small bowl and spread over pizza bases and then bake for 10 minutes or until crisp around the edges and still soft in the centre.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non stick frying pan on medium and add prosciutto and cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp.
- Transfer to a small plate and set aside to cool and then break into pieces.
- Toss rocket, spinach, tomato, capsicum, cucumber and prosciutto in a large bowl.
- Arrange the salad over each pizza base and top with the bocconcini and sprinkle with pepper to serve.